In Februari 2009 the Adinkra
Foundation wants to support the construction of new buildings
at the Akatsi District Hospital.
We also try to arrange
for the hospital.
What has been done so far?
- The existing hospital building is being extended bit by
- the out-patient-department is almost completed, and
will soon be separated from the in-patient-wards;
- an extension was build to enlarge the operating
- wards will be constructed to get more space for women
and children beds;
- a building is put up dedicated to HIV/Aids
- Drawings have been made for the extension of the
hospital with new wards and theatre.
- The doctor (dr. Boni) has been contacted to discuss the
first needs of the hospital.
- Cost estimations have been drafted for the 'Maternity Ward', 'Children's
Ward' and 'Operating Theatre'.
| || |
Left: extension works for Out Patient Department - Nov.2008
Right: foundation for extension for female and children's ward-
| || |
Left: building for HIV/Aids education under construction - Nov.2008
Right: extension for enlarging operating theatre - Nov.2008
What needs to be done?
- Raise funds for the building of 'Maternity Ward'
- Acquire ambulance in the Netherlands
- Ship ambulance to Ghana